Campus Activities Board receive awards

By Chris Biesel

As many already know, the frequently entertaining events at Ashland can often be accredited to the University’s Campus Activities Board (CAB).

During the first four days of November, executive members of CAB Caleb Young, Lillian Zalar, Faith Gruber and Marissa Uhrig were given the opportunity to attend the Campus Activities Mid-America Regional Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

“NACA is a large conference which showcases many events, such as comedians, musicians, illusionists and speakers,” Uhrig explained. “It was an amazing experience. At this conference you both get to attend many showcases for these events, and attend educational sessions to help further your knowledge on various leadership skills.”

In addition to booking future events, CAB was also awarded during the conference.

“The trip was a huge success,” said Young. “We took home a total of four awards including the prestigious honor of programming organization of the year.”

Indeed the organization successfully earned quite an honor for itself based on the awards, which are:

1. “Programming Organization of the Year” (The 10th year CAB has achieved this award.)

2.“Outstanding Print Media” (This award is credited to the Andy Grammer promotional posters designed by Marissa Uhrig.)

3. “Best Video” (Credited to the Banana Splittin’ video produced by Chris Hinkle.)

4. “Low Cost Program” (Credited to the everpopular “Win the Game, Win the Game” event.)

CAB continues to remain a success at Ashland University as the organization keeps the campus entertained and lively.

“It is an amazing organization which is both beneficial to our campus as a whole, and it gives all of our members amazing opportunities to participate in the planning and implementation of events,” Uhrig stated.

Caleb Young had some insight of his own.

“With myself being the resident old guy senior, I can honestly say that CAB has helped me grow both personally and professionally. It’s just great to see all of the hard work of Cabbies pay off in the end,” he said.

“Our goal as CAB is to help promote unity for our campus, and to provide enjoyable, alternative events to the students and community,” Uhrig proclaimed.

The praise of four impressive awards is certainly the recognition that CAB deserves. As the organization continues to be rewarded for its hard work, students should continue to enjoy the many events hosted by CAB.