Chairman of the Ashbrook Board announces retirement, Successor named 

At the 36th Memorial Dinner for The Ashbrook Center, Chairman Marvin Krinsky announced he would be retiring from his position.  
Brynn Meisse
New Chairman of the Ashbrook Center, Senator Mark Romanchuk, on stage at the 36th annual John M. Ashbrook Memorial Dinner.

After serving as the Chairman of the Ashbrook Board since 1998, Marvin Krinsky announced he would be retiring, and State Senator Mark Romanchuk would be taking his place. 

“This is my 22nd memorial dinner that I have hosted as chairman. It will be my last because I will be retiring as chairman at the end of the board meeting in October. It has been 25 years,” Krinsky said. 

Krinsky worked alongside several executive directors throughout his years, such as Chuck Parton, Dr. Peter Schramm, Roger Beckett and Dr. Jeff Sikkenga. 

“There certainly is some sadness to this announcement, but there is also tremendous optimism for the future. This is a remarkable organization, and I can’t tell you how privileged I am to be a part of it for almost 30 of the 40 years of its existence,” Krinsky said. “It’s a long time but worth every minute of it.”

The board unanimously selected Romanchuk as the successor. 

“I am going to enjoy working with each and every one [of the board members] in the days to come,” Romanchuk said.  

Romanchuk thanked Krinsky for his years of service and leadership to the Ashbrook Center.  

“Marv, the board was only as successful as you made it my friend. Thank you, thank you for your service and thank you for your leadership.” 

Krinksy was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at The Ashbrook Memorial Dinner for his years of service dedicated to the center.