Ashland University Launches New Program for Clubs

Sean Clark

Ashland University has launched their new system known as Engage Ashland.

The system is a way for student organizations and clubs to interact with their members as well as inform other students about what their group is about. Students can go to the website, www.ashland.edu/engage, and view club pages and a description of the club as well as event posted by the clubs. The system makes it easier to view different events and keep track of them without needing to go out looking for posters or keeping track of them yourself.

Sean Clark
After logging into Engage Ashland, students will see what members they belong to, a search bar and other announcements.

“It is a great way to see all the events on campus in one location,” AU student Daria Kockis said. “You can find clubs and groups on campus you might be interested in.”

Kockis also said that she plans to use it to keep better track of various events she would like to go to. That way she can make sure she can go to as many as she is able to.

Students can RSVP to events so not only will clubs will know how many people will be coming to the event, but also adds the event to a list of events that student has RSVP’d to

Clubs will also be able to benefit from the system since it allows groups to be able to promote themselves and their events. Engage also gives a way for club executive members to interact with members.

“I believe it is a good step to help organize and relay messages of groups and clubs on campus.” Cassie Shaffer, a member of the Anime Club executive board, said. “I plan to use Engage Ashland as a means to communicate with club members.”

The system launched on Sept. 17 and currently has clubs and organizations such as the American Sign Language Club, Alpha Delta Pi, Astronomy Club, Delta Zeta, Eagles for Pride and the Video Game Club.