Build your brand panel discussion to be held at AU

By Glenn Battishill

The National Society of Minorities in Hospitality will host a panel discussion 4 p.m. October 17 in Upper Convo featuring six companies to give students an in depth look at various industries.

The discussion is themed “Build your brand, start your future” and the goal of the event is to give students a little experience with business professionals.

The panel begins at 4 p.m. and there will be a question and answer session that will give students a chance to ask for advice or more information about a topic. After the panel and Q&A session there will be an hour of meet and greet where students will have the opportunity to network with the businesses or hand out resumes.

The President of the National Society of Minorities in Hospitalities at Ashland University, Lauren Ruple, said she organized the event with all students in mind.

“There is a lot at this event that I think all grades and all majors can benefit from,” Ruple said. “The whole purpose of this event is to get students out of their comfort zones and get them used to networking and talking to business professionals.”

Attire for the panel discussion is at least business casual and attire for the meet and greet is business professional.

“Students can use this to get their professional image started,” Ruple said. “It’s a great way to get your feet wet.”

Students interested in the panel discussion should contact the Career Services Center to register or for more information.

The Career Services Center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and can be reached at 419-289-5064.