Fall break round up

Students travel all over to soak up fun on the long weekend

Gracie Wilson, Collegian Managing Editor

While it is the shortest break offered to Ashland University students over the course of the school year, fall break is a time for students to refresh, recharge and gear up for midterms.
Fall break occurred last weekend and gave students Friday off from classes as well as their weekend.
While some stuck close to campus and caught up on homework, others traveled near and far to take a trip or simply head home to relax.
“Over fall break, I got to relax a lot get some homework done, spend time with a friend, enjoy the weather and see a concert.” Owen McManus, Senior
***

“I was almost more busy over fall break at home than I am at school. My mom and I spent the weekend cooking our favorite home meals, going to fall markets, and of course, visiting the family cider mill.” Molly Gregory, Senior
***

“I went to the home opener Blue Jackets hockey game with my boyfriend and a couple friends. It was my first time ever going to an NHL game and I had a blast!” Isabella Hatfield, Junior
***
“I went to Half Price Books and Bennet, my boyfriend, said ‘go all out’ and I got as many books as I could. Then we looked at a house and it was very exciting and very cute and very elderly looking…and then I gave my dog a walk.” Susie Alley, Junior
***
“I went to Canada for a wedding!” Yosolajesu Olujide-Ajibade, Senior
***

“[We] went over to Katie Foster’s house and carved pumpkins, went on a hike and then after that we went to the Blood Prison.” Bridget Manges, Senior & Mikah Jumh, Junior
***

“I went to San Juan, Puerto Rico during break to learn the island’s history, sample some local food and practice my rusty Spanish-speaking skills.”Konrad Hodgman, Senior
***
“I went back to my hometown and I went and picked out pumpkins with my best friend.” Maddy Goczynski, Freshman
***
“I watched my coaches dogs for two days and then I went home and went to Cedar Point with my sister.” Lily Boldman, Sophomore
***
“I went to work [and] taught my second graders.” Sarah Snyder, Junior
***

“I slept and did homework during break.” Ashley Speight, Sophomore
***
“I relaxed and went to a pumpkin patch” Emma Francis, Sophomore
***
“I went outdoor rock climbing at Hocking Hills and lived through a tornado warning.” Ruby Congrove, Senior
***
“Over fall break I spent a lot of time with my grandpa, who I’m really close with. I did a lot of cleaning around the house and ran some errands for him that he doesn’t do when I’m not around and then we just got to eat dinner together a few nights and watch some movies together so it was really nice to spend some quality time with him.” Lydia Bice, Senior
***