Lady Luna comes to Ashland

Raising vibrations of the city community with positivity

Gracie Wilson, Collegian Managing Editor

The local business scene in Ashland has been on the rise in previous years and did not slow in pandemic times. Businesses and shops that portray people’s passions have been popping up all over the city, with the newest addition opening Sept. 1.

Michelle Book, better known to her clients as Lady Luna’s Spiritual Guidance, has been serving people since 2019 via online readings but now can be found in walking distance of campus just down Claremont Ave. at her new store, Raising Vibrations.

“I help people raise their vibrations through their spiritual guidance, readings, law of attraction candles or positive affirmation,” Book said. “So, if I can make somebody happy and bring more positivity into your life, that’s what my purpose is.”

Book got her start in Ashland 26 years ago when she began as a respiratory therapist at The Good Shepherd nursing facility. She has since moved to Ashland with her family to root herself in a city she has come to love. 

Since then, she has started to receive her psychic gifts and use them to help other people, through both psychic and tarot card readings. 

“I started receiving my psychic gifts during traumatic situations, and so I started to build them, but I was not sure how to go about using them, Book said. “The actual psychic abilities and gifts came to me when I started seeing people respond to me and respond to the positivity.” 

As a respiratory therapist in the COVID-19 pandemic, Book witnessed a lot of death and realized that the field was not right for her anymore. She left the medical field after this realization and began following her passion.

“Two weeks later, I took this big leap of faith, trusted spirits to guide [me] and followed where they put me and I’m here today,” she said. 

Upon walking in the door of Lady Luna’s brand-new storefront, visitors are greeted by calming music emitting good vibes, the trickling sounds of a Zen fountain and the smells of soaps and candles used for spiritual guidance. 

Book started to make her own products two years ago. Candles emitting a spiritual nature such as “seeking serenity” and “law of attraction” and soaps with scents of “lavender and vanilla” and “blood orange and lemon verbena” are available. Additionally, there are bundles of herbs she grows in her garden for sale. 

The candles have an intent, she mentioned. “They all have a purpose, and all my candles have crystals in them.”

Originally, Book intended to set up her shop closer to Walmart in one of the available spaces in the nearby plaza. Upon learning that rent was cheaper on Claremont, that is where she ultimately set up shop. Though not where she intended, she felt it is where the spirits guided her. 

“I remember asking the spirit point blank, ‘give me the place that I need to be that’ll be beneficial for the people around me,” Book recalls.

As a result, her clientele has mostly been the college aged students who are within walking distance of the store, and as Lady Luna, she aims to bring good vibes and spirit into their lives. 

When younger, college age students come in, she is able to raise their vibrations and assist with spiritual awakening at a younger age, Book expressed. It is a chance for like-minded people to come in and share their stories and feel at ease. 

She also caters to the college student budget, inviting students in to look around and take part in the calm, even if they don’t want to buy any products. 

“I hope many, many more young ones come in here,” Book said. “I just want them to benefit from it. They can come in here and smell all day long and they don’t have to buy anything… If they shop, they shop, if they don’t–they just want to come and shoot the breeze–then come shoot the breeze.”

Lady Luna’s Spiritual Guidance at Raising Vibrations is located at 617 Claremont Ave. and she is open five days a week. More information can be found online at ladylunasspiritualguidance.com.

Raising Vibrations is on Claremont Ave. in walking distance of the Ashland University campus. Keeping shop is Michelle Book, better known to her clientele as Lady Luna’s Spiritual Guidance. (GRACIE WILSON)