AU offering free coronavirus testing Tuesday

Retrieved from: AU Public Relations

Those getting tested for COVID-19 can get their results online.

Isabella Pacinelli

Ashland University will offer free coronavirus testing to current students and faculty Tuesday, Dec 1 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m

Testing will be conducted behind the old Rise Yoga Studio on Claremont Ave. 

This PCR test is made possible by AU’s partnership with Ohio National Guard and Ashland County Health Department, as stated in a public relations email sent to the AU community. 

It is “required for all AU students living, working and or visiting the campus after the Thanksgiving break.” 

Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to get the test as well, however it is not required for them to do so. 

In order to receive the free COVID-19 test, students and employees of the university must fill out a testing form covering patient demographics. 

The public relations email sent from Vice President of Student Affairs, Robert Pool, mentions that testing is not for those experiencing symptoms. 

When reporting for testing, a face covering or mask and a driver’s license or AU student ID is required. 

Results will be administered “via a free downloadable app from the testing lab” and can be expected within two to three days. 

As a way to encourage COVID-19 testing participation, prizes will be given to the first 50 students and employees that attend. 

If a positive result is found, it will be shared with the appropriate county health department and the Student Health Center if the positive COVID-19 test comes from a student. 

This free testing opportunity acts as a way to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on Ashland’s campus.