AU’s CAB hosts a night of board games and fun at Masterminds  

The Ashland local business offers exciting escape rooms and a selection of 550+ board games  
Mikehlah Carr
Students enjoy playing their favorite games at Masterminds during the latest CAB event.

CAB hosted a fun-filled night of board games and snacks at Ashland’s Masterminds Escape Room and Game Library on Thursday, Feb 22. 

All AU students were invited to bring a group of friends to the local Ashland game spot and play tabletop games from the business’ giant selection of 550+ games. 

Starting at 8 p.m., students were welcomed into the cozy game room. Masterminds’ game shelves are home to just about any game you can think of, meaning there is something for anyone to play.  

Thursday’s CAB event was the AU club’s most recent effort to introduce students to the different local businesses in Ashland.  

CAB member Holly Flanegin said, “We like working with local businesses and getting students involved in off-campus activities.”  

The main game room at Masterminds was filled with groups of students playing their favorite games. Some groups also opted to purchase homemade milkshakes from the business’ cafe-like concession stand.  

“It was fun to try new games with my friends and step out of the school environment and destress,” AU senior Natalie Babik said. 

The CAB event was perfect for a first-year student like Payton O’Toole as it helped in finding local spots to spend time at over her next four years in Ashland. 

“I haven’t explored all the businesses in town,” O’Toole said, “so it was really cool to find a fun place so close to campus.”  

Masterminds is located at 33 W Main St. in Ashland and is open to the public Thursday through Sunday each week.