Ashland University student starts new ‘Kare Vending’ business on campus  

There are plans to hopefully expand the business to more machines in the future

AU graduate student, Keshun Jones, recently began his new vending machine business “Kare Vending” which aims to help students access everyday care items without leaving campus. 

Jones’ new vending machine does not sell your typical items. Instead of providing students with snacks and drinks to grab on the go, Kare machines include just-in-time necessity and hygiene products. Some of the items you can purchase from the vending machine include deodorant, toothpaste, and other items such as batteries and phone chargers. 

When thinking about what kind of business to start, Jones looked around campus to see what was missing. He decided that the addition of a necessity items vending machine was good for the university as some of the items it provides can’t be purchased anywhere else in AU.   

I started Kare Vending because I was ready to see a new kind of vending machine, not one with snacks and drinks but one that has just in time necessity products for students.” Jones stated, “Easily accessible and a new kind of thinking built on simple ideas of having everyday products where you live.” 

As Jones just recently launched his business, the only Kare Vending machine that can be found on campus is in the main lobby of Clayton Hall. There are plans to hopefully expand the business to more machines in the future. 

The first Kare Vending machine has been met with immediate positive feedback. AU senior Emma Okuma noted, “I think it’s a great addition to Clayton, mainly because it’s a hall where people live. The addition of this new vending machine will be useful to students who need necessities, are in a rush, or would rather not leave the building.”  

This feedback is resemblant of the purpose of Jones’ new business. 

“We “Kare” about your well-being.” Jones said, “We are trying to bring convenient and affordable products to your door.”  

If you don’t typically travel through Clayton Hall, pay a visit to Jones’ new Kare Vending machine to buy everyday items that you need.