AU eSports looks to spring semester improvements after up-and-down fall campaign

The Eagles are hoping to find more championships and success in 2024
AU Athletics
The Eagle Super Smash Bros. Ultimate team stands together after succeeding in the fall 2023 semester.

The Ashland University eSports team is looking forward to its new spring 2024 season as they have new mountains to climb and aspirations to obtain.

For each of the teams, the Eagles are hoping to improve on the upcoming season and find more championships.

“The students are anxious to get the competition started as well and I can’t wait to see how they do,” Head Coach Alec Mueller said.

The rocket league esports team had a rough season in NACE StarLeague, but they want to strike back in the new season coming up.

“I am very excited to get our spring season underway and we have new competition for our Rocket League team in the Midwest Esports Conference,” said Mueller.

The Overwatch two team had a good season, but they want an even better season coming up. Alongside the Overwatch two team, the Overwatch Varsity team looks to make improvements.

They will compete in NACE Varsity Premier on Tuesdays with the second team competing in Varsity Plus on Tuesdays too.

Call of Duty A team will compete in NACE Varsity Premier on Wednesdays and CCL Premier on Mondays. B team will compete in NACE Varsity Plus on Wednesdays and CCL Open on Mondays

SSBU A team will compete in NACE Varsity Premier on Thursdays alongside the B team in NACE Varsity Plus

CS2 will compete in NACE Varsity Premier on Fridays and FACEIT Collegiate on Saturdays as well as Hearthstone and chess will be in competition in NACE starleague,