Eagle eSports Overwatch team falls, 3-1 on Tuesday

The Eagles look to bounce back on Sept. 26 vs. the University of Mississippi
The+Eagles+all+work+together+in+game+planning+for+a+contest.+
William Currier
The Eagles all work together in game planning for a contest.

Ashland Eagle’s Overwatch 2 team lost 3-1 in an Overwatch 2 contest on Tuesday, Sept. 19. 

The Eagles were fighting strong in all of the maps thrown the teams way, with every map going down to the wire. However, when all was said and done, the Eagles were unable to sneak away with a win.

The first map was played with the game mode known as control. The Eagles’ opponent, the University of Kentucky, won the map and propelled the game forward to map two.  

The Eagles fought valiantly in map two, with the game mode of payload, in which the Eagles won the map over 1-1 

The Eagles were feeling good heading into map 3, this time, the mode was escort, in which they escorted a robot to each teams respective side.   

The Wildcats won map three and the Eagle’s back was against the wall leading 2-1 in maps. The first team to reach three wins, won the contest.   

Map four was Overwatch’s newest gamemode, flashpoint, in which they had to control certain sections of the map as long as possible. However, the Wildcats showed experience and won the map, ultimately winning the outing, 3-1.

“It was a tough loss, but we still have a few coaching sessions coming up, so moving forward the future looks really good,” said Head Esports Coach Alec Mueller.

The Eagles look forward to take on University of Mississippi on Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m.