Ashland University’s Campus Activities Board hosts Grocery Bingo

The event was held from 9-11 p.m. in Redwood Hall where students played multiple rounds of bingo for grocery prizes

Did somebody say bingo? 

On Friday, Jan. 26, Ashland University’s Campus Activities Board hosted their first Grocery Bingo night of the semester. 

The event was held from 9-11 p.m. in Redwood Hall where students played multiple rounds of bingo for grocery prizes. 

The entire night consisted of seven games, each of which had several winners. Every round had a new way to win where players had to get a certain pattern of bingo. The last two rounds were blackouts, so all the squares on the card needed to be filled in to win. 

Redwood was full of eager players ready to compete for prizes as a wide variety of groceries were up for grabs. 

Cheese balls, pretzels, chips, mini pies, Oreos, candy and more lined the tables at the front of the room ready to be won. There were even some unique items like pickles, sauces, and an entire cake players could walk away with. 

The later rounds included bigger prizes such as a weighted blanket and a giant lobster plushie.  

For the grand finale, a printer, Keurig and an Eagle Squishmallow were the prizes available for the last blackout round. 

Grocery Bingo continues to draw in crowds and is something students look forward to each semester. 

Senior psychology major, Bri Heyman, has been attending Grocery Bingo since she was a freshman and enjoys going with her friends.  

“It’s one of the more popular events CAB puts on and it’s an Ashland Staple,” said Heyman. 

There will be one more Grocery Bingo before the end of the semester.