Salvation Army Ashland Kroc Center’s Youth Theatre prepares to perform Matilda Jr.

The performances will take place on Friday, Jan. 12 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 13 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Jan. 14 at 3 p.m.
The flyer provided for the ‘Matilda’ play.

The Salvation Army Ashland Kroc Center’s Youth Theatre is performing a production of Matilda Jr. at The Ashland Theatre on Jan. 12, 13 and 14. 

The production is based on Roald Dahl’s book “Matilda” which tells the story of a young girl who uses her imagination and sharp mind to change her destiny by taking a stand. 

According to the press release, “this is the Ashland Kroc Youth Theatre’s fourth and largest cast, with two alternating leads and over 57 kids from Ashland County and surrounding communities.” 

Majors Billy and Annalise Francis, and Amy Morgan are leading the production of “Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical Jr.” 

“One of my favorite moments early in the show is when Matilda sings, ‘Even if you are little you can do a lot.’ It’s such a powerful reminder for each of us, tall and small, to take ownership in how we can create our reality,” Francis said. “Through the process of putting on this musical, these youth are doing just that: they are joining together and working hard to create this extraordinary event for their community. We think they deserve a standing ovation for all their work.” 

The performances will take place on Friday, Jan. 12 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 13 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Jan. 14 at 3 p.m. Ticket prices range from $12 to $18 and can be purchased online at The Ashland Theatre or in person by visiting their box office.