AU’s CONHS hosts chill out with ‘Stress Less Week’

The Ashland University College of Nursing & Health Sciences set to host week-long event
Ashland.edu
The Dwight Schar College of Nursing is located in Mansfield, Ohio.

The Ashland University College of Nursing & Health Sciences is hosting its Stress Less Week from Monday, Dec. 4 to Friday, Dec. 8. Join them for a host of different destressing activities in preparation for finals week. 

On Monday, Dec. 4, stop by the CONHS info desk to receive a self-care package including tea bags, face masks, fidget toys, and more. 

On Tuesday, Dec. 5, from 10:30 a.m. to noon, meet Cooper the therapy dog at the CONHS info desk. Cooper is an English Creme Retriever certified and trained to be loveable, huggable, and excellent at stress relief. 

On Wednesday, Dec. 6, the CONHS Study-a-thon will be held in CONHS 145 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Every 30 minutes, a raffle will be drawn for one of six mystery prizes. 

On Thursday, Dec. 7, free hot drinks will be distributed at the CONHS info desk while supplies last, with a motivational phrase written on each cup. 

On Friday, Dec. 8, CONHS will be celebrating their graduating seniors, who have all been invited to pick up a gift, and be entered into a drawing for either an AU diploma frame or an AU merch basket. 

Abigail Johns, assistant director of Residence Life for the CONHS Campus, believes that students’ mental health is especially important, which is why these events are being held.  

She said, “Finals week is a very stressful time… we hope to alleviate some of that stress and worry with material things they can use and consume, mental break time, motivated study time, and a big congratulations at end the semester.” 

She expands on the importance of destressing, as she said, “Stress can be incredibly taxing to our bodies and mental health. School, work, and the weight of social, economic, and political turmoil can cause students to lose motivation and struggle to show up… It is incredibly important for students to make time to take care of themselves – both inside and out.” 

For more information, or any questions, contact Abigail Johns at [email protected] or visit the CONHS info desk.