Ashland University first-year enrollment numbers up 9% this Fall 

This years first-year class consists of 508 students
Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, Keith Ramsdell

As of fall 2023, Ashland University’s first-year class has 508 students on track to graduate in the year 2027. This is a slight increase from the percentages seen on campus last fall. 

Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, Keith Ramsdell said “When you look at the undergraduate numbers for fall, we ended up locking in at a total of 9% higher than where we were last year, which is huge.”  

Overall, numbers are flat because of the size of May 2023’s graduating class.  

Ramsdell said, “We graduated one of the largest classes in the history of the university in May, so we knew that was going to be a challenge. For the graduating class, it’s a celebration, but from my perspective, it’s always a challenge because those students are difficult to replace.”  

As for international students, numbers are down. About 75% of international students who were accepted to AU had their visas denied by the government.   

Ashbrook and Honors enrollment both hit records this fall season. They each ended up in the 80’s with new enrollment levels.  

Ramsdell also wanted to note another area where AU enrollment is doing well.  

He stated, “The other area where we were up, and I want to give credit to is a lot of our athletic teams. We’re up in their rosters and so I want to thank the coaches because they do a great job in getting students here as well. That’s huge for us because they’re a whole another set of recruiters that support our efforts.”