Goldberry Roasting opens doors

Sean Clark

On Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. the new coffee shop, Goldberry Roasting, is opening to the general public.

Goldberry Roasting is a new coffee shop located at 1310 Claremont Ave. run by Doug and Pete Cooper. The father and son duo sell coffee to businesses getting them the perfect coffee for their employees, as well as selling to the general public.

Along with coffee, they also sell coffee blends for people to buy so they can make them at home— these can be ordered online through their website www.goldberryroasting.com, or at the store once it opens.

The mission statement of the restaurant states, “Our role is to lovingly and artfully roast each variety of coffee so that its distinct character and nuance is passed along to you.”

AU student Ben Manzo said, “I am excited for more coffee.”

He is one of the many students excited to try coffee from Goldberry once it opens.

Obtained from Goldberry Roasting

“I’ll be ordering their coffee when they open,” he said. “I am looking forward to trying it.”

“It’ll be nice to have a smaller family-run coffee shop close to campus,” said Adrianne Grewell, another student at AU.

People will be able to go into the store and get coffee to-go, or to enjoy in the shop. The store does not have an espresso machine, so people will only be able to get black coffee with cream and sugar as of right now.

“I’ll be buying beans from them whenever I need more,” Manzo said. Though he does not plan to get coffee from them too often, he does plan to buy coffee beans in order for him to make coffee back on campus.

Goldberry Roasting will also be opened on Thursday and Friday from the same time as Wednesday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will be announcing more hours for the store following their grand opening. The hours will be revealed on Goldberry Roasting’s Facebook page.