Ashland St. Patrick’s Day parade to take place on Saturday

Mayor Matt Miller Speaks on the event

“St. Patrick’s Day is on Sunday, March 17; we had a lot of deliberation, but we’ve come to the conclusion that we’re going to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day in style here in the city of Ashland on Saturday, March 16,” said Mayor Matt Miller. 

The city of Ashland asks that you arrive downtown Ashland at Foundation Plaza on Saturday March 17 around 10:30 a.m. dressed in your favorite green attire, “we want you to put on your favorite Saint Patrick’s Day craziness,” said Miller. 

Around 11:00 a.m., a contest is being held to determine who arrived with the most Irish Saint Patrick’s Day Spirit; the winner will be announced by a group of judges, deciding who is the shiniest shamrock of 2024.  

The contest will be divided into age categories: infancy to age 5, 6 to 18, and adult. Prizes will be given out to the winners of each age category.  

The crowd will then march down Main Street to Corner Park, where the town creek will be dyed bright, vivid green in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.  

There will also be giveaways for those who gather downtown for this event. Green and white Dr. Suess hats, leprechaun hats, and the traditional green and gold beads will be distributed throughout the morning.  

“This is a wonderful way for our community to kick off spring it’s always high spirits in the audience and the downtown during this time, and of course remember the best part of all as soon as these morning activities conclude then you can head off to all of our restaurants and bars who have special themed items for the holiday,” said Miller.