‘The Well’ provides fellowship for AU students looking for more 

They meet Thursday nights at 8 pm in the Lower Chapel
Retrieved by Graham Scott

Every Thursday night at 8 pm in the Lower Chapel, The Well meets for worship, where all students are welcome for a night of fun, fellowship, and to connect with other students walking together with Jesus. 

The Well primarily focuses on bringing students together in fellowship, no matter who they are. Sidney Milliken, a senior involved with the organization, says, “Here at The Well, we love people coming as who they are, and we accept everybody… come as you are, and Jesus will do the rest.” 

Service begins with singing popular worship music, familiar to many contemporary churchgoers, with many students singing along. 

After the band sits down, some quiet, reflective devotional time is taken, led by one of the student leaders, where students are given time to sit and think or pray about whatever is on their minds.  

Once devotional time is over, a message is given by Alex Hill, who currently serves as interim director of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence here at AU, in addition to serving as Student Ministries Coordinator at Five Stones Community Church. 

As a recent AU graduate, Alex understands the mindset of the students he’s teaching, so his message is down-to-earth and approachable for students, regardless of previous church or religious experience. 

Alex commented further on his commitment to help and lead students, saying, “My favorite part of leading The Well is the community… and the opportunity to meet with students, because just as much as I lead and teach, I’m also learning.” 

After the message, refreshments are served as students are invited to mingle, chat, and connect with each other. 

If you’re looking for an inviting place to worship and meet new people, The Well may be the place for you, so come as you are every Thursday night at 8, and keep an eye on The Well’s Instagram account for more events in the future.