AU’s CAB bowling event a striking success 

CAB continues to have events through the start of the fall semester
Graham Scott
CAB holds a bowling event on Thursday’s for the university.

Last night on Sept. 21 the Ashland University Campus Activities Board hosted their first bowling night of the fall semester.  

Over 50 students turned out for a night of fun, friends, and bowling at Luray Lanes on Main Street.  

Emma Jordan, a student organizer for the event, called the turnout “sufficient,” and was glad to see so many people having fun.  

Max Polianskyi, Community Chair of CAB, expanded on this, saying, “The main goal of this event was to get students out of their dorms on a Thursday night, having fun… with a little friendly competition.” 

The students in attendance agreed. Graham Powalie, a first-year student interviewed at the event, said, “When I’m in my dorm too long, I start to feel awful. That’s why I’m glad for events like this.” 

Many other students also cited the immense benefits to their mental health that going out with friends has provided them. 

An incident occurred around 9:45 p.m. in which a bowling ball bounced out of the gutter and hit the backboard above the pins, causing it to fall and block two lanes. The lanes were closed, but the fun continued regardless.  

If you missed this event, don’t worry! CAB plans on holding another bowling night in late November/early December, and two more during the upcoming spring semester.  

Keep an eye on the CAB Instagram page for more details and for more fun events coming up soon.