Get Up and Move with the Res Hall Step Challenge! 

From Sept. 11 to Oct. 21 the challenge will be held
Graham Scott

Time to get up and move! The Ashland University Rec & Wellness Office is holding the Res Hall Step Challenge from Sept. 11 to Oct. 21.  

Students can sign up through the Outwalk app to track their steps during this period along with others in their residence hall.  

Students can compete for the highest number of steps taken, and the hall with the greatest percentage of participants and largest average number of steps taken by the end of the day on Oct. 21, will be the winner and receive a prize. 

According to Janel Molnar, director of Recreation and Wellness at AU, the goal of the challenge is to “help students be more aware of the number of steps they are taking each day.”  

Participants will receive a newsletter with weekly motivation to get them moving so they can meet the goal. 

To participate in the event, download the Outwalk app for Android or iPhone and sign up for an account. Make sure to upload a profile picture and set your account to public.  

Next, fill out the registration form with your name, email, residence hall, and username to officially get started.  

Once the form is completed, you are all set to start walking once Sept. 11 comes. Make sure to check back every so often for tips and check the leaderboard.  

If any AU students have questions, head to the Rec and Wellness Office located in Rec Center, send an email to [email protected], or call 419-207-6172.