Chapel Service before Christmas break and finals

Rachel Ramsey

Fall semester is quickly coming to an end and students are rushing to study for upcoming final exams. Some students took a break and gathered at the Jack and Deb Miller Chapel for some encouraging and inspiring words before Christmas break.

With chapel services being held every Wednesday, there are many guest speakers from the Ashland community who come to voice their message to everyone at the service. This past week, Rev. Dave Langdon of the Ashland Church of the Nazarene, came to speak at the chapel service about the advent season and perspective with Jesus.

“The purpose is holy pause,” Cory Smith the Brethren Connection Coordinator said. “It’s a time for us to take a breather and remember who God is,” Smith said.

Each service has a song of praise and a closing song with a scripture reading in the middle before the guest speaker gives their speech. 

Many students including sophomore Young Life Student, Gaby Ater, enjoy how the services are held every Wednesday and that they are “pretty cool because it’s halfway through the week,” said Ater.

The message from last Wednesday’s service was Jesus Christ, the Word and Rev. Dave Langdon brought inspiration to everyone in the chapel with words about forgiveness for the holiday season.

Students and anyone from the Ashland area of all ages can join the chapel services every Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Jack and Deb Miller Chapel.