Ask Tuffy

Kaitlyn Moore

What’s your favorite meal at Convo?

Steak Night! An eagle needs his strength to cheer on our athletic teams and attend campus events, and convo steak night does just the trick!

What’s your favorite thing to do on Tuffy Tuesday?

The best part about Tuffy Tuesday is getting out on campus to see everyone, and it’s a great excuse for me to dance in public!

Has Tuffy seen the missing pigeon that’s been advertised on posters around campus? 

Wow! Sorry to hear your troubles, I haven’t seen your friend, but I’ll make sure to keep an extra (birds haha) eye out for him! I should warn you though pigeons are notoriously aloof. 

What is your favorite campus event?

That’s a tough question, I love them all, especially when there’s AU cookies being passed out!

How do you deal with stress?

Being a mascot for an AMAZING Division II school is fairly stressful. So when I’m feeling really stressed, I fly around a little bit to clear my head, or head to the gym to pump some iron!

Hiya Tuffy! What’s your go-to order at your smoothie bar. 

Eagle Explosion all the way! 

Hi Tuffy: How did you get your name? 

Ahhhh the story of my namesake! Well, they used to call me Victor, that way back in the day when one of the fraternities on campus was responsible for my schedule. Sigma Nu was discontinued for a little while so when the athletic department heard I needed a new place on campus, they took me in; and we switched up the name to Tuffy, a play on being TOUGH! I’ve been Tuffy the Eagle ever since!  

You are famous both on campus and in the Ashland community. How do you balance your time with these two groups effectively? 

It’s important to get out on campus and in the community, a lot like Division II athletics; it’s all about life in balance! When there is a request to go into the community I always do, as long as there’s not a home athletic contest at the same time!