Sib and Kids Weekend: Feb. 17-19

Sam Didion

Ashland University’s Office of Residence Life and AU Student Senate will be hosting their annual Sibs and Kids Weekend on Feb. 17-19. This year’s theme is “Fun in the Sun!”  

This event is a time for siblings and friends of current AU students to come visit the campus and participate in a variety of activities that will be taking place all over the University. 

According to AU’s Residence Life, the activities planned for the weekend include frisbee decorating, baking in Convo, a showing of the movie Moana, activities at the Recreation Center, and many other events sponsored by the residence halls and other campus organizations.

Those who have not registered may still take place in many of the available activities, but they will not receive a shirt or goodie bag without having registered previously. 

Some activities, such as baking in Convo, may also be limited without registration.

Guests who have not registered may still visit the Recreation Center with an AU student after filling out the proper waiver form. 

All dorm buildings will have 24 hour visitation during this weekend. Guests of the opposite gender are permitted to stay in the residence halls on campus but students are asked to please escort these guests to use the restrooms located in the lobbies.

AU students with Block Meal plans are able to swipe in guests during this weekend. Students or first year student who have the Unlimited Meal plan will be unable to swipe in guests and they will have to pay the Convo pricing for meals which are as followed:

Lunch: $8.85 / $5.55 for child 4-10 years

Dinner and Weekend Brunch: $11.30/ $7.05 for child 4-10 year

See schedule below for date, time, and location of events going on during this event. 

For questions, please call the Office of Residence Life at 419-289-5303 or email [email protected].