Chick-fil-A around town

Gracie Wilson

One of the Chick-fil-A franchises, busy as ever, even when its late at night.

Gracie Wilson, Collegian Managing Editor

The big red truck rolls into Ashland every Tuesday, coming from Strongsville to deliver Chick-fil-A to awaiting customers once a week. It brings delicious chicken nuggets and sweet lemonade to the college town, and there is often a large gathering around the truck. People are waiting, some even wishing that this would be a permanent fixture in the city.

For quite some time now, Chick-fil-A has been one of my favorite restaurants, and when I am at home it is pretty accessible. That is not the same story in Ashland, so the closest thing we can get is the truck that comes around once a week.

I think the truck can be used as a good measure to gauge how many people are coming out each week to order food and see how profitable a Chick-fil-A chain would be in Ashland.

I think that Chick Fil-A should come to the Ashland community. This is a college town, I would imagine when people think of Ashland, they think of the university. Pretty much anything that you could put in a college town would be profitable because students are often looking to get off campus for a change.

When my roommates and I want to go off campus for dinner, there are a lot of restaurants, sure, but having something new would be great. Chick-fil-a restaurants are always busy, and a franchise in Ashland would be no different, especially because it would most likely be populated by college students.

I visited the food truck once about a month ago when they were parked in front of the student center. It was just as good as I expected it to be, the only issue was that it was slightly more expensive.

Chick-fil-A hits the road

I think the reason for this is that there is no meal option. Every item has to be ordered individually. It is not like the restaurant where you can order a chicken nugget meal that comes with waffle fries and a drink. You have to order the nuggets, drink and fries separately. All three of these things together cost around $10 to $12, at the actual restaurant, I spent $10 the last time I was there.

In my opinion, this is not too pricey. Especially because the truck is only in town once a week. However for the times I do go, I wish that there was a meal option because it would probably knock the cost down at least a couple of dollars.

Taking this into account, I think visiting the truck is still worth it. In the grand scheme of things, a difference of two or three dollars is not that big of a deal. The turnout, however, has proved that investing in a Chick-fil-A franchise for Ashland would bring in a lot of business.

I for one would be a huge fan of this. The closest Chick-fil-A restaurant to campus is the one in Fairlawn, which is just over an hour away. I would be lying if I said I have not driven there before, so having one closer to school or even right in town would be a huge perk.

As I said, placing a restaurant like this in Ashland would be very profitable. This is a smaller city that is family friendly, but also houses thousands of college students. Everyone is in a hurry these days. Having a different restaurant that has a drive through option would add some variety to the choices in town and allow people to dine in or take it to go.

Every time I go to Chick-fil-A, the parking lot is packed and the drive through line is around the building. If that is not a good indicator of positive feedback, I do not know what is.

Ashland would not be any different. Like I said, almost anything you could put in a college town that appeals to busy twenty-somethings would be profitable.
If the food truck each Tuesday has become an indicator, Ashland would be a profitable location for Chick-fil-A. People want to get food from there and every time I see the truck, it has business. I think that means it is time to expand on that and get a Chick-fil-A franchise in the works for Ashland.