Track and Field at Kent State Tune Up

John Margida, Reporter

The Ashland University Track and Field team traveled to Kent this past weekend (Feb. 17) for the Kent State Tune Up before they head off to the GLIAC Championship next weekend.

Junior Myles Pringle won three events over the weekend and broke his own school record in the men’s high jump and improved on a previous nationals provisional time in the men’s 200-meter dash.

Pringle won the high jump (2.18 meters), and also improved his qualifying mark for the indoor 2018 Division II nationals.

Pringle also won the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.37 seconds, and the 400 meter dash with a time of 47.30 seconds.

Sophomore Ellie Jindra won the women’s high jump with a jump of 1.66 meters.

Runner-up finishes were turned in by sophomore Arthur Greenlee IV in the men’s 60 meter hurdles (8.14 seconds), junior Tyler Sievert in the men’s 800 meter run (1:54.67), senior Tyler Lance in the men’s 3,000 run (8:43.77), senior Elijah Talk in the men’s shot put (17.03 meters), and the men’s 4×400 relay team of freshman T.J. Elliott, Pringle, senior William Robinson and freshman Trevor Bassitt finished second with a time of 3:16.55.

Placing third in their respective events were Bassitt in the men’s 60 hurdles (8.23 seconds), freshman Ian Johnson in the men’s 800 meter run (1:54.70), and junior Brandon Sicurella in the men’s weight throw (17.61 meters).

Up next, the Ashland Eagles they will head to the GLIAC Indoor Championships next weekend at Grand Valley State University and will compete on Friday, Feb. 24 and on Saturday Feb. 25.