Track and Field at Youngstown

John Margida, Reporter

The Ashland University Track and Field team went to the Youngstown State College Invitational on Friday (Jan. 19). The Eagles’ name was across the board, as several eagles won their individual events throughout the day.

Junior Myles Pringle finishes first in the men’s high jump at 2.06 meters. Pringle also won the 200 meter dash with a personal best time of (21.46 seconds) and earned a new personal best time. The 4×400 team of Pringle, sophomore Paul Murray, and freshman Channing Phillips and Brendan Archer took second place with a time of 3:14.22.

In the field events, sophomore Alex Hill took first in men’s weight throw with a throw of 21.00 meters. The Eagles also took three more of the top spots in the men’s weight throw with freshman Brent Fairbanks coming in third (20.71 meters), sophomore Nick Zak coming in fourth (19.52 meter), and junior Brandon Sicurella coming in fifth (18.61 meters).

Sophomore Jake Glass finished third in the men’s shot put with a mark of 16.57 meters and Zak ended up finishing fourth with a make of 16.50 meters.

Also earning individual victories on Friday were junior Natalie Helenthal in the women’s weight throw with a mark of (18.56 meters) and senior Tyler Lance in the men’s 5,000 run with a new personal best time of 15:16.26.
Up next the team will head to Findlay for the Findlay Elite and Penn Nationals on Friday, Jan. 26.