PPOW plans Convo mini-night

By Emily Sedlak

Known for the “Beer Goggle Olympics” and the “Halloween Spooktacular,” PPOW is on a mission to inform students about cervical cancer. This past Tuesday, PPOW held an information booth outside of Convo from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. where they distributed pamphlets to student in order to spread awareness of cervical cancer.

Most of PPOW’s informational “mini-nights” include different prizes and contests where students can participate, but also gain information. This time, the event “will not be interactive, just informational” said Co-President Chelsea Kamp.

Since PPOW recently joined forces with the Student Health Center, all of the informational pamphlets were provided by the Health Center to be given to the students. The pamphlets included facts, statistics and information on different vaccines that are available for both men and women.

With so many flyers posted around campus, many groups find that Convo is the place to be with any type of promotion.

“I enjoy having our events in Convo because all of the students are there,” said PPOW member Rebecca Tenbrook.

PPOW generally focuses on four main areas, including nutrition, exercise, fitness and overall wellness. With a “rolling membership” everyone on campus is encouraged to join and spread the word on different health issues.

If anyone has questions or concerns relating to cervical cancer or information about PPOW, please contact Co-Presidents Lisa Roth ([email protected]) or Chelsea Kamp ([email protected]).