The Cookie war begins

By Chris Biesel

Ashland students will soon have to invest in a carton of milk and perhaps a napkin, because an exciting event known as Cookie Wars will take place on March 29, at the Hawkins-Conard Student Center from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.

Students participating in the event will compete in teams of at least four to bake chocolate chip cookies and see which team is victorious in the following categories: the largest cookie, cookie containing the best overall taste, most creative cookie, people’s choice cookie, and the most Greek cookie.

“Eagle Entrepreneurs and Hospitality Management have teamed together to create a fun event for the whole campus to get involved in!” explained AU student Angie Phillips. “It is just a bunch of fun and healthy competition among students!”

Teams wanting to participate must fill out a Cookie Wars application available from Eagle Entrepreneurs Amanda Januzzi or Cassandra Lersch and have them turned in by March 25th.

Teams also must donate at least $5.00 when applying which benefits the Ashland County Food Bank.

Fortunately for any Ashland University student, the people’s choice cookie award will be judged by any students willing to taste-test each team’s creations.

Despite the fact that each team must use chocolate chips in their cookies, the possibilities are endless!

Students will continue to anticipate the event as it draws closer and any student available on the 29th of March is encouraged to come and enjoy the chocolate chip goodness.

Campus will soon learn which students are the best cookie enthusiasts—that’s the way the cookie crumbles!