New student senate member

Zack Lemon

Student Senate’s meeting Tuesday was a quiet one, just meeting quorum due to a few senators attending the March for Life in Washington DC. However, there were a few important pieces of information discussed at the meeting.

Admissions is currently up between 55 and 60 enrollment deposits from last year, a number they are largely crediting to the tuition reset. Student Senate will be forming their official stance on the reset next meeting in anticipation of the upcoming Board of Trustees meetings.

Not all Trustees’ committees will meet, but some, including the student life committee, will meet in the coming weeks. These meetings will focus on the budget and enrollment management. 

A new member of student senate was also sworn in. Audrey Vuozzo is now the senior housing representative to senate.

There was a general concern brought up involving anyone with a temporary disability. For any students needing temporary assistance due to an injury or surgery, contact the Student Affairs office for any necessary accommodations.

The next student senate meeting will be Tuesday, January 28 at 9:30 pm. The meetings are always in the conference room  on the second floor of the student center and are open to any and all students.