New COBE Accreditation at Ashland University

AU College of Business and Economics gets accredited 
Madison Ferrell
Dauch, the College of Business and Economics 

Ashland University recently announced that its Dauch College of Business and Economics earned the business accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). It’s the largest business education network connecting learners, educators and businesses worldwide, and the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools.  

“Accreditation means our business program is being recognized for their excellence in teaching and their ability to properly prepare students for their future careers in the business field,” said Lexi Pool, a sophomore business major.  

For a school to become AACSB accredited it includes an assessment of internal activities, mentorship with an AACSB advisor and a peer-reviewed evaluation focused on continuous improvement.  

“With AACSB accreditation, we are now positioned as a college to achieve even greater things as we carry out the mission of providing students with a transformative learning experience and shaping graduates who work, serve and lead with integrity in their local, national and global communities,” said Dan Fox, dean of AU’s College of Business and Economics.  

As the COBE moves forward with its recently accredited program, there were questions on how being accredited could help students in the future, and necessary what it would do for them in the long run. Majors of this program are excited about this accomplishment looking forward.  

“For the future, I believe that this accreditation will be taken into consideration when applying for jobs and opportunities after I graduate. Employers will recognize the high standard that the Ashland University College of Business and Economics holds its students to and will be impressed with the work ethic and dedication that students/graduates provide in the workplace,” said Emi Jones, a senior business major.  

AU’s College of Business and Economics has a variety of undergraduate academic programs, ranging from accounting, finance, management and marketing to more specific areas like entrepreneurship, sports management, fashion merchandising and its newest offering, industrial and systems engineering.  

Also, there is a top-rated MBA program that features many different formats and specializations to advance one’s career. 

“I am really proud and happy to say that I will be graduating from a college that is AACSB accredited!” said Sanjna Arora, a junior business major.