88.9 WRDL leads coverage of AU women’s basketball throughout NCAA Tournament

The Eagles will look to find their second straight Division II National Championship
The+Eagles+will+kickoff+play+in+Allendale%2C+Mich.%2C+for+the+opening+round+of+the+NCAA+Tournament.+
Submitted by 88.9 WRDL General Manager Derek Wood
The Eagles will kickoff play in Allendale, Mich., for the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.

More women’s basketball action means more coverage from Ashland University’s student-run radio station, 88.9 WRDL.

As the Eagles prepare to make the flock north to Grand Valley State University (GVSU), live broadcasts will be provided on the team by WRDL. With an overall record of 30-1 heading into the NCAA D-II Regional Postseason Tournament, the Eagles will look to find their second consecutive national title.

“WRDL has been the radio voice during every national championship game for Ashland University women’s basketball,” said 88.9 WRDL General Manager Derek Wood. “The station is excited to follow the team on their quest for the program’s fourth title.”

Whether it’s a long drive to Allendale, Mich., or a potential hike to St. Joseph, Mo., the WRDL student broadcasters will be providing live in-game coverage on every second of the action.

If you enjoy the No. 1 nationally ranked Eagles, there are a handful of games on the road that you may not be able to make the travel out to. By heading over to WRDLFM.com, or turning your radio to 88.9 FM, you can receive live in-game coverage from start to finish.

Unlike years past, the NCAA has placed a paywall on tournament games. The opening rounds sit at $9.95 per game, $29.95 per championship or $49.95 for all games. With these new prices being added this year, WRDL remains free for all to tune in.

“WRDL’s award-winning sports coverage is a great example of the campus and community joining together over shared local interests,” said Wood.

88.9 WRDL will have full coverage of the Eagles’ opening round of action on Friday, March 15, at 2:30 p.m. with pregame coverage being provided 15 minutes before tip-off.

How to listen:

Online at WRDLFM.com

or

Download the TuneIn Radio app on the GooglePlay or Apple AppStore and type in “88.9 WRDL”