Adulting: Time Management for Life Management Gives Students Opportunity to Learn Goal Setting Skills  

Taking place in the first floor lobby lounge of Kem Hall 
Sam Vincent
The first floor lounge of Kem Hall, where the talk was held 

On Tuesday, Feb. 20 at 5 p.m. a talk was held by the Recreation & Wellness Center and the Student Wellness Team in the first floor lobby lounge of Kem Hall. It for residents of Kem, Amstutz and Andrews Halls. The goal of Adulting: Time Management for Life Management. was to address something that students might not be learning about in the classroom: time management. 

“What we’re focusing on is two main points: learning how to create structured goals and using time management to meet [our] goals.” said Zach McGrain, executive director for the Career Center for Life Calling.  

Major takeaways from the event included that sustained success must be achieved in an efficient and consistently doable way, more efficiency occurs when we are focused on one thing at a time and the fact that you must create structure and consistency to help you manage your time responsibly. 

McGrain challenged attendees to apply the skills of time management he addressed by asking them to set a goal, short term or long term, that they want to achieve in the future. 

Students who were unable to attend the talk shouldn’t worry about missing it. “This particular program will be presented two more times this semester: one in March and one in April… I would encourage [students] to attend.” said Janel Molnar, director for Recreation and Wellness. 

The other two dates the talk will be given are March 19 for residents of Clark Hall and Kilhefner Hall in the Clark Hall Basement and April 16 for residents of Myers Hall, Clayton Hall and the Senior Apartments in the Clayton Hall first floor lounge. Exact times are still being determined. 

For more information, visit Engage Ashland online or on Instagram.