AU Student Senate kicks off new semester with new senator additions

Among the six new senators, they were each appointed as representatives of certain areas of the school
Madison Ferrell
The new senators were sworn into their new positions in the most recent Student Senate meeting.

On Tues. Jan 17 meeting, the student senate voted on appointing new members in various different positions. Next week they will also have two new senators to appoint.  

Among the six new senators, they were each appointed as representatives of certain areas of the school.  

Some students were elected as representatives of the building they live in similar to Ella Ross and Emilee Fletcher who were appointed as Amstutz and Clayton representatives, respectively.  

While others were appointed positions that dealt with majors, campus organizations, or other positions viable for the Student Senate.  

Samantha Deverna was appointed as an Education Representative, Shila Thellman was appointed as the Greek Life Representative, and Katelynn Roach was appointed as Diversity and Inclusion Representative. Also, Kayla Welch was appointed as the Senior Class President for the senate.  

Due to the recent growth in senators, Senate President Zachary Scher said, “We haven’t had this many people at the table before so we’re either going to have to expand it or squeeze everyone in,” 

Student senate meetings are hosted in the ABCD conference room in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center every Tuesday at 9:30 P.M.