AU’s Campus Activities Board kicks off semester with laser tag event

Students+waiting+for+their+turn+to+compete+in+the+laser+tag+event.++
Dana Krukovska
Students waiting for their turn to compete in the laser tag event.

On Friday, Jan. 12, The Campus Activities Board (CAB) hosted laser tag in Redwood Hall. It is the first event of the new year presented by this Ashland University student organization.  

Laser tag is a competitive shooting game. Each player receives a safe infrared light blaster equipped with sensors that identify when the player is shot. The aim of the game is to “tag” opponents with the light beam as many times as possible. 

It was a chance to recharge emotional batteries after the first week of classes.  In between plays, students were offered pizza and drinks. There was also CD painting for those feeling more crafty than competitive or those waiting for their turn in the arena. 

“I’ve always liked laser tag,” said first-year student Lincoln Naylor. He enjoyed playing in the inflatable maze and said that he would definitely attend the next event like this. Another student, Elizabeth Harris, had similar impressions. She said, “It was really fun. The setup was really cool.” Harris liked the tent and the tunnels inside it, where players could hide.   

It is not the first time CAB has brought laser tag on campus according to Hannah Mantle, Co-Chair of the organization. Even though the game is not going to be repeated this semester, there is a chance that it will be arranged again in the future.  

CAB is one of the most active clubs on campus and AU students are welcome to get involved in creating thrilling activities.

If you are interested in joining the team, come see their meeting and get some boba tea on Jan. 17 at 9:30 p.m. in the ABCD Conference room in the Student Center. Applications for CAB are open until Jan. 19.

More information and future events by CAB can be discovered on their Instagram page.