AU President Dr. Carlos Campo to depart at end of academic year, becomes CEO of the Museum of the Bible

189 Views
AU president, Dr. Carlos Campo is departing from Ashland University for the Mueseum of the Bible

The Board of Trustees of the Museum of the Bible announced on Dec. 4 in a press release that AU president Dr. Carlos Campo will become the museum’s new Chief Executive Officer effective June 17, 2024.

The press release stated that Campo’s appointment to the position of CEO was unanimous by the board, which recognized his leadership, dedication and strategic vision.

Campo has been a member of the museum’s board of since 2015.

“We have been affiliated with the museum for years, and was asked to consider the leadership role,” said Campo.  “The board unanimously asked me to be the new CEO, and Karen and I agreed that it was a remarkable opportunity to engage more fully with this inspirational museum.”

When The Collegian asked as to the reason Campo is leaving higher education, he referenced Ashland University, and how the university is talking a lot about “a higher calling.”

“We felt that we are definitely called to the Museum of the Bible at this time. We have loved our time at AU, and we will always be Eagles,” he said. “We thank the students, faculty, staff and board for nine memorable years.”

The Collegian will continue to follow the story for more updates.