Ashland University Student Senate looks to new problems

The Student Senate hopes to fix Outlook email issues
127 Views
Abigail Hassenzahl
Student Senate meets on the second floor of the student center on Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m.

On the Tuesday Nov. 7 Student Senate meeting, there were discussions on email issues and other important details. 

The class presidents usually email their whole class monthly with updates and any other important information that the president thinks the students need to know.  

However, the Freshman President recently has been struggling sending out emails due to being blocked by Microsoft Outlook.  

“I tried to send out my email out five days ago, I was banned on outlook not once but twice. It’s not sent out, they think I’m a spam account or a scammer,” said Freshman President.  

This year, AU transitioned from using Gmail to Outlook. Ever since them there have been claims by students of being sent spam and scammer emails claiming of zoom meeting and job opportunities.  

Executive President, Zack Scher plans to bring IT in to discuss outlook and the issues arising from it, maybe with a possible move back to Gmail. 

While this can’t be said for certain, the Student Senate plans to resolve the email issues with Outlook with a hopeful resolution or a change.  

Student senate meetings are hosted in the ABCD conference room in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center every Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. 

1
View Comments (1)