Eagles lauded for GMAC POTW awards in Week Three

The Eagles now have gone three straight weeks being honored
The Great Midwest Athletic Conference recognizes a handful of athletes and their achievements each week.
Great Midwest Athletic Conference

On Monday afternoon, Sept. 9, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) released its Player of the Week awards.

This week the Ashland University Eagles took home two awards with men’s golf team member Andrew Kolar winning GMAC Men’s Golf Player of the Week and men’s soccer player Oliver Whaley winning GMAC Offensive Player of the Week.  

Kolar led the Eagles in the Malone-Glenmoor Fall Invitational finishing in 4th place overall.

Individually, Kolar finished 2nd with a final score of 215. The fifth-year player looks to lead the Eagles in future tournaments, with strong individual performances.  

On the soccer side of things, Oliver Whaley led the Eagles attack, getting the conferences’ offensive player of the week award.

Whaley finished this past week with six total points and avoided a team loss going 1-0-1.  

Whaley recorded an assist vs. Walsh, and two goals and an assist vs. Malone, which was a well needed offensive boost as the Eagles started conference play. 

The men’s golf season rolls on as they are currently playing in the B&R Investments Bulldog Fall Classic at Ferris State, and the men’s soccer team is set for their next contest Thursday against Trevecca Nazarene at 5:30 p.m. EST.