Students enjoy Adam Paddock concert hosted by Campus Activities Board 

CAB holds its concerts in Redwood Hall on the campus of Ashland University
Lauren Gulden
Adam Paddock participates in his concert on Friday, Sept. 15 in Redwood Hall.

On Friday, Sept. 15, at 9 p.m., Ashland University’s Campus Activities Board (CAB) hosted a concert in Redwood Hall for students on campus, with doors opening at 8:30 p.m. Snacks and water were available upon entry. 

The band’s vocalist is Adam Paddock, with Adrian Oliver on drums, Max Lew on electric guitar, and Caelan Quigley on trumpet.  

Adam Paddock is a graduate of The Ohio State University who put out his first song during his junior year in 2020. The song still can be found on streaming platforms and is titled Outside 

“I’ve been highly anticipating this event,” said Paddock, “Everyone at Ashland is so sweet. I knew that there would be a lot of good friends here and just a good vibe – you guys brought it.” 

As students filtered in, and as the concert began, the band played its originals and some covers. Some original songs featured on the set were titled You’re Here Now, Tattoos, and Weekend. Some cover songs that were performed were Yellow by Coldplay, Landslide by Fleetwood Mac, Tear in My Heart by Twenty-One Pilots, and Kilby Girl by The Backseat Lovers. 

“It was a spontaneous decision to go the concert tonight,” said sophomore Gabrielle O’Brien, “I was at a table full of his merch – his photographer was so personable that I thought she was a student here. And then, suddenly, Adam was there talking to me too. He was so down to earth. You can tell he really cares about the people in his audience.” 

“It was a thrill,” said Paddock, to end off the night, “I am eager to come back. You guys are a lot of fun.”