AU Student Senate discusses involvement and student group funding

Senators held second meeting of the school year
Brittany Wachtel
“Dana Krukovska becoming the secretary of the AU Student Senate.” 

The Ashland University Student Senate held its second meeting of the 2023-24 academic year on Tuesday.  

AU President Dr. Carlos Campo was originally announced to be present at the meeting to give his annual report but was unable to attend. Dr. Campo is expected to report in the coming weeks. 

Student Senate election packets are due to the Student Affairs office on the second floor of the Hawkins-Conard Student Center on Sept. 11 by 4 p.m., with elections taking place on Sept. 18 and 19. Packets can be picked up at the Student Affairs office.  

Student Body President Zachary Scher stressed the importance of student involvement within the senate, saying, “Student Senate is a fantastic opportunity to do some real work that affects real students.” 

Scher also announced a new process called the Student Group Funding Involvement Initiative that, “… will provide a process for elected senators to apply to receive additional funding for a student group that they are involved in.” 

Scher says that with this initiative, each group will get approximately 250 dollars, with one stipend per group. More details are to come as this is a developing story 

The Eagles Nest currently has no weekend hours due to a lack of staff.  

The Student Senate welcomed Dana Krukovska as the new secretary.