AU Student Senate Holds First Meeting of Academic Year 

Lauren Gulden
“Cecelia Fonseca and art department chair Dan McDonald becoming a part of the AU Student Senate” 

The first Ashland University Student Senate meeting of the 2023/2024 academic school year took place Tuesday evening. 

President, Zachary Scher announced that Dr. Carlos Campo will attend the September 5 meeting to give his annual report. Those interested in attending can meet in the ABCD conference room on the second floor of the Hawkins-Conard Student Center. Doors will open to the general public and the meeting will begin at 9:30 p.m. 

Two new members were sworn into the AU Student Senate. Cecelia Fonseca will take the place of the Public Relations Chair and Dr. Dan McDonald will take the role of Faculty Advisor.  

Senator of Judicial Affairs, Anna Bielawski discussed information surrounding the upcoming Student Senate election. Interested students can pick up an election packet in the Student Affairs office located on the second floor of the Hawkins-Conard Student Center during open office hours.  

Election packets are due on September 11 with elections taking place September 18 and 19.  

To see vacant positions, visit the Student Senate Instagram page @austudentsenate.