Former Eagle Trevor Bassitt takes home second professional gold medal

Bassitt has competed in two events at the 2023 World Athletics Outdoor Championships in Budapest, Hungary
Bassitt+waves+after+passing+the+baton+to+his+teammate+in+the+4x400+relay+race.+
Trevor Bassitt
Bassitt waves after passing the baton to his teammate in the 4×400 relay race.

On Saturday and Sunday, August 26 and 27, former Eagle and track and field star, Trevor Bassitt competed for the United States in the 4×400 meter race at the 2023 World Athletics Outdoor Championships in Budapest, Hungary.

After placing sixth in the 400-meter dash finals, Bassitt shifted his focus to his relay team helping lead them past the preliminary rounds and into the finals before taking home a gold medal for the second time in his career.

Bassitt and his team competed in the first heat in the prelims, where the team placed first with a time of 2:58.47. Alongside him, the team consisted of star athletes Matthew Boling, Chris Bailey and Justin Robinson.

The impressive 2:58.47 time was good for first, not just in their heat, but overall out of every team competing.

With confidence heading into the finals, the opportunity for Bassitt to find his second gold medal was in front of him, but the team had another rotation instead of the prelim squad.

On Sunday, the new team showed up and showed out as they dominated the competition with an impressive time of 2:57.31. as they crossed the finish line. Leading the charge for the team was Raj Benjamin, who holds the second-fastest time ever in the 400-meter hurdles.

Although he did not compete in the finals, he was given a gold medal, marking four total top three medals under his belt at the professional level.

Before going pro, his college career was marked by 10 D-II national championships and 21 All-American individual honors, showing years of success for the up-and-coming track star.

In his professional rookie season, he has already kept his name in the mix of athletes to be on the lookout for.