Great Midwest Athletic Conference announces new streaming platform

The conference will utilize HUDL TV exclusively for the next three seasons
131 Views

As the beginning of the 2023-24 Academic year approaches for Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) schools, the conference has announced that game coverage will solely exist on HUDL TV.

The deal with HUDL TV will last for three seasons as the conference looks to bolster its efforts in providing student-athletes the opportunity to be seen and supported by their fans.

“As the Great Midwest Digital Network enters its seventh year, it is poised to take great strides in this exciting new partnership with Hudl,” said Commissioner of the GMAC Tom Daeger. “Our network is a tremendous asset and we are thankful for Hudl’s engagement to allow us to continue to grow the network for the benefit of our membership, student-athletes, and their many supporters over the coming years.”

Daegar has served as the conference’s commissioner for 12 years now and has been putting his stamp on the conference, especially in recent years. In the past three years alone, the conference has added Ashland University, Northwood University and Thomas More University as competing schools.

Hiram College, a Division III program, was added as an affiliate as well.

With now over 14 schools participating in the conference on a regular basis, the conference opted to increase coverage with the HUDL TV contract, starting in the coming academic year.

“It has been a pleasure to work with the Hudl team while building this new era of the Great Midwest Digital Network,” said G-MAC Director of Digital Media and Communications Katie Gilhooly. “The Great Midwest strives to continue with a digital-first approach, and we are excited to partner with Hudl to continue those efforts.”

Prior to joining in on a contract with HUDL, the conference formerly had its contests broadcasted through a variety of outlets on the Great Midwest Digital Network.

For HUDL, the contract with the G-MAC marks its 16th conference-wide partnership at the D-II level, marking tremendous growth for the company.

“Our mission is to give every athlete the shot they deserve. This is our 16th conference-wide partnership at the Division II level, which is a key step forward for conferences across the country,” said Head of Streaming at Hudl Ben Kant. “With the addition of the G-MAC, we are the destination to watch and celebrate athletic achievement across DII.”

The season kicks off in just a few short weeks for most programs, but for Ashland University, women’s and men’s soccer, football and volleyball all begin play on Thursday, August 31.

To catch games, follow the instructions below provided by the Great Midwest Athletic Conference:

How to Watch:
Website
First, navigate to GreatMidwestDigitalNetwork.com. GreatMidwestDigitalNetwork.com is the NEW home of the Great Midwest Digital Network powered by Hudl TV.
Once you find your school, click on it to access your school’s dedicated page. You can tune in to live and past broadcasts on that page.

Mobile Apps
Download the Great Midwest Digital Network from the App Store on your Apple or Android device.
Once the app has been downloaded, go to your device’s home screen and open the app.
Then scroll down to find your school under the Schools section. Click into your school to access upcoming and past broadcasts.
You can also use the Favorites tab at the bottom of the screen to select a favorite school or schools.

Smart TV
The app is supported on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or Android TV.
Then scroll to find the Schools tab and edit which schools you would like to see show up on your app’s Home Page.
Please note: if you have previously watched the Great Midwest Digital Network on your smart TV you will have to re-download the app.