Eagle STUNT takes home Great Midwest Athletic Conference awards

The Eagles take home three of four conference awards

AU Athletics

Flyer Lily Boldman stands with her POTY award

Cade Cracas, Sports & Digital Editor

As the Ashland University campus hosted the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) STUNT championships in Kate’s Gymnasium, the big reveal occurred on which individuals took home seasonal conference awards.

The 2022-2023 season was the first for the GMAC in the history of STUNT the sport, with countless individuals making their mark already.

The Eagles took home three accolades on Friday, March 31, on top of winning their semi-final contest against the Ursuline Arrows in the conference tournament.

Those three accolades were Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Co-Coach of the Year.

Co-Coach of the Year was given to Denise Farnsworth who took over the fresh program in the 2020-2021 season. This season she has led the team to a 12-4 overall record and a No. 5 national ranking.

Through her leadership and coaching abilities, Farnsworth was able to help flyer Lily Boldman receive the Player of the Year award and Emily Keeling take home Freshman of the Year.

There was no doubt that Boldman would take home the POTY honors after securing four GMAC player of the week honors this season.

With newfound confidence underneath their belt, and the Eagle faithful in their backyard, the Eagles will look to take on the Hiram College Terriers in the GMAC Championship.

The two teams will go head to head on Saturday, April 1, at 12:00 pm EST