Whit’s Frozen Custard is now available in the Eagle’s Nest

Zachary Haskell

Whit’s Frozen Custard is now available in Nest

Students and faculty of AU are now able to enjoy Whit’s Frozen Custard without even leaving campus.

The Eagle’s Nest, located on the first floor of the Hawkins-Conard Student Center, now serves various flavors of Whit’s Frozen Custard including vanilla, mint chocolate, cookies ‘n’ creme, strawberries ‘n’ creme and raspberry truffle, among others.

The custard is made fresh daily and packaged at Whit’s Frozen Custard of Ashland.

Melissa Young, owner of Whit’s Frozen Custard of Ashland, says that the Ashland community was one of the reasons the local ice cream shop decided to partner with AU.

“We are neighbors with AU, we’ve partnered with them in the past for other things and we have students that come to our store so it seemed like a good idea,” Young said.

Whit’s Frozen Custard has previously served its custard at various AU events and functions and is a part of the Campus Activities Board’s Weekending in Ashland, where students can get a $5 voucher good for several local Ashland businesses.

Young says the partnership seems to be benefiting the students already, based on how much they package for the Eagle’s Nest.

Freshman Cameron Arnold is one of the students that enjoys Whit’s Frozen Custard

“I love their custard,” Arnold said. “Now I don’t even have to get in my car and leave campus to get it.”

Whit’s Frozen Custard can be purchased at the Eagle’s Nest during the following hours:

Monday- Thursday: 8:30 a.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday 7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Sunday 6 p.m. -12 a.m.