AU swimming & diving prepares for Dec. 1 meet

Eagles look to first contest after Thanksgiving break

goashlandeagles.com

The Eagle swimming and diving team looks to continue its 2022-2023 season against the Redhawks.

Cade Cracas, Sports & Digital Editor

The Ashland University swimming and diving team looks to continue its consistent 2022-2023 campaign as they prepare to compete at the Miami University Invitational. The invitational, which starts on Dec. 1 at 9 am, runs until Dec. 3 with competitions taking place each day.

While this season has seen its ups and downs for both the women’s and men’s teams, the Eagles look to catch fire with five meets remaining.

The women’s team is coming off a 166-111 loss to Wooster, while the men’s team on the other hand dominated and won theirs 147-117.

The Miami University Redhawks on the other hand have not competed in roughly a month. Their last meet occurred on Nov. 5, where the women and men placed first in their respective matchups.

The men’s team beat Missouri State 217-136 and Indiana State 205-146. The women’s team also dominated winning 233-120 in their contest.

It is no secret that the Eagles will be facing an uphill battle against the Redhawks, but with three days of contests in front of them their odds of stringing together, some big wins are available.

The Eagles will take on the Redhawks at Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center on the campus of Miami University.