AU athletes voted GMAC player of the week

AU volleyball and women’s soccer players recognized in GMAC player of the week

Ethan Jenkins, Reporter

Three Eagle players were recognized by the Great Midwest Athletic Conference for their performances in Volleyball and Women’s Soccer.

AU volleyball player Erin Krupar. She currently sits at No. 5 in AU history with 1,473 kills in her fifth-year.

Fifth-year hitter for the volleyball team, Erin Krupar was honored as offensive player of the week. Krupar totaled 72 kills, four assists, and 14 total blocks.

AU volleyball player Katie Thompson enters into her junior season. Last season she was named GMAC player of the week four times.

Conversely, on the defensive side, Junior libero Katie Thompson was recognized as defensive player of the week for the GMAC. Thompson recorded 110 digs, 14 assists, and three service aces this past week.

AU soccer goalkeeper Bri Rogers enters into her sophomore season. Last season Rogers had a 0.46 goals-against-average with a 13-1-1 record.

Staying on the defensive side of things, but moving over to Ferguson field and the Women’s soccer team, senior goalkeeper Bri Rogers earned the defensive player honors of the week for the GMAC. Rogers put up impressive numbers in four games so far this season, she has a 2-2 record with a 1.67 goals-against average and 22 saves.

The Eagles started off their respective seasons with great individual performances and look to continue the momentum in early season action.