SpringFest back on campus

CAB brings back their fan favorite event to round out the semester

SpringFest+is+a+time+to+come+and+hangout+around+campus.+This+year+there+will+be+henna+artists%2C+food+trucks%2C+inflatables%2C+silent+disco%2C+caricatures%2C+license+plates+and+so+much+more.+

GRACIE WILSON

SpringFest is a time to come and hangout around campus. This year there will be henna artists, food trucks, inflatables, silent disco, caricatures, license plates and so much more.

Gracie Wilson, Collegian Managing Editor

Inflatables fill the parking lots and food trucks line the academic corridor as SpringFest comes to campus once again to finish out the spring semester 2022, courtesy of the Campus Activities Board (CAB).
In the past, CAB has brought SpringFest in the form of a carnival and a springtime block party, but this year, they are bringing a music festival to campus.
“So, SpringFest, but make it a music festival,” said Taelyn King, committee C co-chair of CAB. “We’re going to be bringing in different artists for every hour.”
To make this festival a success, CAB has called on local musicians to come in and perform a multitude of genres, so there is something for everyone to listen to.
“A DJ is coming in, we have country artists, we have a jazz R&B kind of person, and we have a band as well,” said Dani Bushman, committee C co-chair of CAB. ‘We have a variety that everyone likes.”
Along with enough live entertainment to cover the whole afternoon, Bushman says there will also be bumper cars, kapow, henna tattoo artists, custom license plate making, hungry hungry hippos, T-shirt tie dying and more.
SpringFest is a fan favorite event among students, and it is an event that students are sure to mark their calendars for because they do not want to miss it.
“It’s like the last celebration of the academic year,” Bushman said. “This is the last event that we’re hosting, so we try to go all out and make an impact.”
Along with the Saturday festival, there will be a pre-SpringFest event Friday night in Redwood. This event is a Silent Disco, a paint night for students to enjoy before the festivities the next day, said Bushman.
The SpringFest music festival will begin Saturday April 23 at 1:00 p.m. and take place in the parking lot between Center for the Arts and Schar College of Education as well as in the academic corridor.
“The main drive behind the music festival is that everyone likes music,” King said. “It’s a great kind of bonding activity for everyone to just be social and it’s an event where people can stay all day.”