Snow day at Ashland University

As+snow+continues+to+accumulate%2C+Ashland+University+students+are+hoping+for+another+snow+day+tomorrow.+

ZOE BOGARTY

As snow continues to accumulate, Ashland University students are hoping for another snow day tomorrow.

Nate Powalie, Sports Columnist

Ashland University students found a way to celebrate Thursday. The school announced that due to impending heavy snow, classes would be canceled for the day.

In a press release put out early Thursday morning, “Due to severe weather conditions, the Ashland University main campus, Ashland Theological Seminary, and Schar College of Nursing campuses are closed for (Thursday 2/3/2022).” However, the release also noted that “employees in essential operations should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions.”

The cancellation of classes marked the first time since Jan. 2019 that Ashland would not have students meet face-to-face or online due to inclement weather.

As of this point, already half a foot of snow has fallen on the main campus, with more of the white stuff expected throughout the next 24 hours.

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect throughout Ashland County and other regional areas until 7 AM Friday with additional accumulations of anywhere between 4 and 7 inches.

The official forecast reads as follows:
Thursday Night – Periods of snow early, becoming more scattered as the night progresses. Low falling to around 16. NNE winds 15 to 25 mph, 3 to 5 inches more expected.
Friday – A 60% chance of snow showers in the morning, then mainly cloudy skies in the afternoon. High around 19, north by northwest winds 10 to 20 mph, and accumulations expected less than an inch.
Friday night – Cloudy skies and cold, with the low dropping to 5. West by northwest winds at 5 to 10 mph.