Student affairs provides update to campus community

Retrieved from: AU Student Affairs

Updates included those for student wellness, diversity and inclusion and fraternity and sorority life.

Lewis Markham, AU-TV 20 SPORTS PRODUCER

With Covid-19 still shadowing many universities and programs across the nation, the Ashland University Student Affairs program has worked tirelessly to find safe activities to keep the students involved on campus. In addition, the program offers students a welcoming environment with mental health, diversity inclusion and counseling.

“Student Affairs programs are designed to also help students get and stay well emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and relationally,” Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Robert Pool said. “A good number of our programs also celebrate the broad diversity of our students domestically and around the globe.”

The main priority of the program is to keep students safe across the campus. Whether it is from Covid-19 or other potential safety concerns, Student Affairs is always there to help.

“Our 24-7, 365 day Campus Safety office patrols and responds to campus security both here, the Seminary and College of Nursing Mansfield campuses,” Dr. Pool said. “From that foundation our Health Center and Counselors help our students get and stay well physically and mentally. Students learn and serve best when they are safe, healthy and well.”

As for the programs that Student Affairs chooses to run, they try to revolve them around clubs and organizations like fraternities and sororities for example.

“CAB works very closely with our Director of Student Activities, Shantrice Bradley, to brainstorm, plan and implement the larger more expensive programs like Grocery Bingo, Banana Splittin, bowling nights, movie nights, comedians, and so on,” Dr. Pool said. “Our Fraternity and Sorority Life chapters also provide a wealth of leadership, social and service opportunities for their members and all students in general.”

As a reminder, all events and activities that are held on or off campus must be registered with the Office of Student and Residence Life through the Engage Website.

For more information about the Student Affairs program you can contact Dr. Pool directly at [email protected] and to find events around campus you can visit AU’s Engage Website, Corq app, or follow them on Instagram @ engage_ashland.