AU laughs with Last Comic Standing

By Martina Baca

Joke after joke, the laughs had been heard all night.

Redwood was the place for the Last Comic Standing, where a teacher and a few students competed against each other to see who could make the audience crack up the most.

For only two dollars or one dollar and a can of food, students got to laugh for hours but also helped people in need.

After the first round of jokes just three participants stayed on the stage. One of them was Kris Hovsepian, a marketing professor at Ashland University and he was the surprise of the night.

Students heard stories that they did not expect to hear from a teacher, especially when she made fun of freshmen.

The second participant was Aaron Arnold. Already known by his crude sense of humor, his jokes were not appreciated by everyone. However, he still got a few laughs.

Finally, Trent Johnson was the one who made the audience ask for more. He walked shyly to the stage; his voice and his paper were shaking the first few minutes, but when he received the first friendly laughs of the night he began to be more confident.

He made jokes about college, about himself, about pooping, and other jokes that the audience found humorous.

All and all, his topics left the audience doubling over with laughter, which resulted in him winning the show.

Johnson is a former AU student. He was most surprised at winning and left the night with a smile and $25 gift card for the bookstore.